Lodge a Request

We are here for you.

If you or someone you know is in danger or at immediate risk, please call 000. 

Requesting children's aid from Big Group Hug

If you or someone you know is in need of assistance to provide essential items for children, we can help through the right channels. Unfortunately, clients and recipients cannot request assistance directly from us. Requests for aid must be made by a health or welfare professional who can also provide any additional wrap-around support required.

If you have any questions, refer to the FAQ below or please email us.

Make a request

If you are a health or welfare professional and have a family requiring our assistance, please complete our Online Request Form.

Please note: Opening hours for caseworker request collection are:

Thomastown: Monday to Thursday, 9.00am – 2.00pm. 

Airport West: Monday and Wednesday 9.30am-12.30pm. 

Tarneit: Thursdays, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm

Emergency support and counselling phone numbers

We are not an emergency service. If you or your children are at risk or in danger, please contact:


132 229 
Maternal and Child Health Line (VIC)

1800 015 188
Safe Steps – Family Violence Response Centre 

1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)

National Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence Counselling Service

1800 755 988
In Touch – family violence service working with migrant and refugee women and their communities

1800 551 800
Kids Helpline 

1800 065 973
Men’s Referral Service 

1800 133 302
Women’s Legal Service 


Crisis Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders

131 278 

Child Protection


(On mobile? Click a question box to reveal the answer)

How does a child/family access aid?

A request for aid must be made by a health or welfare professional on their client's behalf. This helps us reach more children in need, and ensures the parents/caregivers have access to any additional supports needed. Once we receive the request, the Request Team assesses it and our Warehouse Team curates the requested care package.

Who can request aid packs?

Requests must be placed by a health or welfare professional. This can include: Midwives and Maternal Child Health nurses/midwives. Social Workers, Caseworkers, Case Managers, Wellbeing staff in hospitals, health settings, welfare agencies, education institutes and community welfare groups.

If you don't have a caseworker and need assistance:

Please email Caroline Chisholm Society. If Caroline Chisholm Society cannot assist you directly, they will be able to refer you onto another organisation who can.

Once the aid pack is ready, how does it reach the child in need? Who can collect it?

The requesting caseworker is responsible for collecting the aid once they have been notified that the pack is ready.  The caseworker may choose to collect the aid from one of our three locations and must bring the request number with them. 

Can aid packs be delivered by Big Group Hug?

Caseworkers may request for the items to be delivered to their agency office or recipient's home for a small transportation fee, this is the only fee involved in accessing our otherwise free service and the requesting agency is expected to fund this small cost.

I have further questions

If you have any questions, please email us info@biggrouphug.org.






Sign up for our Newsletter

Latest Posts

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Case Studies

Sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt

Recent Works

Tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore